Saturday, February 9, 2013

PHILOSOPHY

Beautiful Design Belongs To Everyone, In Every Home.
     If you're visiting my site, chances are you appreciate a beautifully designed home, and I believe you deserve to live in one of your own.  After helping to create luxury spaces for clients with extremely large budgets, I decided that the same effect could be achieved at a more affordable level for the average homeowner. 
     I know many people would love to freshen up their home, learn new ways to arrange their spaces or design their dream room from the beginning.  However, some may not have the time, interest, or feel too overwhelmed by the process to do it on their own.   
     Hiring a designer often seems beyond the budget, and this is where I want to help.  I have designed an affordable process to provide homeowners with professional styling assistance, which will enhance their existing spaces.

It’s In The Details.
     Flow, function, scale, color, texture and pattern are the principles of design. However, integrating the smallest item with the largest feature is what brings it all together. With some inspiration and a vision this can be achieved by anyone. 
     Well designed pieces are now available to the public at affordable prices, and can be sourced anywhere from IKEA to common home furnishing retailers like Crate & Barrel. Most people already own many beautiful pieces that just need to be repurposed and accentuated by complimenting elements. 

Live In What You Love.
     My goal is for you to live in what you love. I will collaborate with you to understand your style and design intuitive spaces that nurture what you value. I am inspired by travel, art, nature, fashion, color and pattern. My style is modern. What is modern? According to Webster, “Relating or belonging to the present.” I believe the present is personal - it’s informed by your individuality and your past. It’s timeless, fresh, simple, clean, classic, soft, rustic, local, global. And yes, even traditional. 
     Framing modernism in this way, and using this style as my foundation, I work well with a wide array of tastes. I will blend what you love and are inspired by, no matter how diverse, to create a beautiful harmony in your space. My styling services will help transform your space to reflect your personality and lifestyle.