Saturday, February 9, 2013

PROCESS

Initial Meeting -
2-3 hour consultation where I determine your priorities, style, budget, my level of involvement and the process for your project.  It is helpful to have a photo of a room you love, or an item that you want to use for inspiration.  This gives us a starting point and a way for me to understand your style.  At this meeting, I may make design suggestions that can be implemented right away and without cost.  This could include rearranging existing furniture in the room, re-purposing furniture from other rooms, accessorizing with existing items, moving artwork, or even changing the layout of various rooms.  I will also take measurements at this meeting, discuss a color palate, and craft a list of pieces that need to be sourced and purchased. 

Design Plan Review-
At the next meeting, I will present a design plan based on the budget.  The design plan includes 3-5 choices for each piece needed, samples of fabrics, designs for lighting and window treatments, paint colors or wall treatments, and any other design element discussed.  After reviewing the options, you select the pieces you love, and I research more choices for the elements that don't have a winner yet.  This step may require multiple meetings as I nail down the the perfect pieces for your space, and other service professionals come to provide quotes (painting, window treatments, reupholstery, etc.). Once the final pieces are determined, you may purchase them on your own or through me.  For sources where I have trade accounts (including the Design Center) the purchase will go through my account.  

Sources -
I source from many different places, depending on the budget and use.  Pieces could come from IKEA and Target, to Crate & Barrel, West Elm, Room & Board, and Pottery Barn. I also use online sites such as World Market, Ballard, and Home Decorators Collection.  Additionally, I shop at  local boutique retailers and the Boston Design Center.

Installation -
Once the pieces arrive, I will come back for installation, staging and accessorizing.  This is the final step, to make sure everything is perfect and ensure that you now LIVE IN WHAT YOU LOVE!